June 27 Good Times in Sheridan


Dear Family,
This week has been great, I know I say that every week, but I really
mean it! It was a calm week (if you don't count Monday and Tuesday
because those days we were in Billings and mission tour and driving
back and those days were just craziness) but after that things were
pretty mellow. When I say "mellow" I mean we didn't have any exchanges
so we were able to work in our own area and focus on the people we are
working with. It was a nice little break, but I'm excited for the
craziness to pick back up again this week with transfers, zone
training meetings and exchanges. It will be great.

Oh, so transfer news, I am staying in Sheridan with Sister King and we
are both so so excited, it's crazy because I don't feel like I've been
here for a whole transfer already, it just flew by! We have some
awesome people we are working with and it is just super exciting.

So I'm trying to think about what we did this past week... And I can't
think of much so I will just give you the highlights :)

Highlights of the Week! :)

1. E and I! They are 9 yr old twins who we have been working with,
they come from a part member family and they want to come to church
and be baptized so badly! They are on date to get baptized towards the
end of July and they are so awesome!
2. Elk: I ate elk steak for the first time in my life. It was pretty
delicious. An awesome family who just moved into the Ward fed us and
apparently the dad had hunted the elk or something and so it was
pretty cool!
3. Biking: my farmers tan is out of this world. Seriously. I don't
know whether to be embarrassed or super happy about it, either way,
I'm loving it. It was in the hundreds a few days in a row but now it's
cooled off to the 80s which makes biking a lot more enjoyable. Sister
King is such a champ and always wants to bike up these huge hills. I
do my best to keep up, it is a struggle and hilarious.

I was asked to speak in sacrament meeting this past week on Faith in
Jesus Christ, which is one of my favorite topics. As I studies for the
talk I was brought back to one of my first weeks in the mission field
and how my faith was tested and how much I've grown since then, I am
just so grateful for this experience I have to be sharing the gospel
with others and helping them grow closer to Christ. I know I have
grown closer to my Savior, I love Him so much.

All in all it has been a wonderful week. I am so so excited to be
staying in Sheridan, I love it here. Missionary work is the best!
Thank you for all your love and support, I couldn't do it without you
:) I love you!!

Love, Sister Wong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.