February 27 How Great is Our Calling!

Dear Family, 

Is it possible for my heart to feel so full? At this point.. I don't think so. The amount of love and support I have received in just this past week has been amazing. But when I think about the past 18 months, it is impossible to put into words my gratitude for each of you. 

In the words of Ammon, 
"Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." 
That is how I feel. 

In companionship study every morning we recite our purpose as missionaries, which is, "To invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." About 9 months into my mission, my companion and I decided to add "How Great is our calling!" To the end of it, and I have said it that way ever since. My calling as a full time missionary has been so great, and I'm loving every minute of it! 
Of course, it has been another fun-filled, crazy, awesome week as a missionary. We have been SO busy, the days are just flying by! Between exchanges, zone conference, interviews, stake Conference and trying to keep up with our own investigators, it has been quite the week, but I wouldn't have it any other way. 
Last Monday we made the 2.5 hour drive up to Kalispell to go on exchanges with Sister Russon and Sister Wagstaff who serve in Columbia Falls! I got to see Flathead lake for the first time and it was just such a pretty drive.
 We were in Columbia Falls from Monday till Wednesday and I was with Sister Russon! We had such a fun exchange and saw lots of miracles from being out and about in the freezing weather. One of my favorites was probably trying this one house at about 8:50 pm in the middle of the woods. It was this group of girls who were in Montana running a Christian church! They ended up not being interested, but we had a great conversation about Christ and how important it is to share His light with others. We also got to volunteer at a thrift store, which is something I've always wanted to do on my mission, so yay!
 On Thursday we had our combined zone conference and it went so well, we received excellent training from the zone leaders as well as a President and Sister Wadsworth. I gave my departing testimony and thankfully was able to make it through without a single tear! It was definitely surreal to be standing there, after hearing so many departing testimonies throughout the past 18 months... it was finally my turn! 
I also had my final interview with President Wadsworth after Zone Conference. He is such a good man and I feel so blessed to have been able to learn from him the past 18 months. I know I was suppose to be here at this time to learn from both President and Sister Wadsworth. I received so much good counsel in my interview about going home and remembering the things I've learned. 

I went on exchanges in Frenchtown with Sister Timothy at the end of the week and we had such a blast! Their area is so spread out, so we were literally out in the middle of nowhere, going down all these crazy dirt roads trying to contact potentials, less actives, and all that fun stuff. It was so great #lovefrenchtown my boots got extra muddy and it smelled like cows...gotta love Montana! There were lots of people home though, and we saw so many miracles! It was a great exchange!
 We had a wonderful Stake Conference this weekend, and of course, the talks spoke directly to my heart. Elder Cornish of the Seventy was presiding and our area authority was there as well because a new stake was created! The Frenchtown Montana stake was created and it was powerful to hear the testimonies of 3 stake presidents along with President and Sister Wadsworth, the Spokane Temple President and his wife, and Elder Cornish. 

The first talk in the adult session was by a member of the stake presidency and the theme was, "Come Home". He discussed how Christ invites us to "come home" to the temple, where we can feel the peace and joy of being in his holy home. It obviously touched my heart as I reflected on the fact that I'll be home, with my family, in just a few short days.
 Well, I guess all I can say is LIFE IS SO GOOD. I can't believe these 18 months have gone by... I have learned a lot. Most importantly, as I have built my relationship with Christ, He has built me. I love my Savior. What a blessing and a privilege it has been to serve him here in the Montana Billings Mission. My mission has become holy ground to me. 
In the words of my zone leaders, "Some transfers are really long... like an 8 hour plane ride to Hawaii.." So, I guess I'm getting transferred to Hawaii. I'm excited to see your smiling faces in just a few short days. I love you! I will forever be grateful for this time I've had to be a missionary. 

Love, Sister Wong 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.