December 12 Frozen Tears

My Family!! 

This past week has been full of SO many ups and downs, but at the end of the day, God is good. All the time. I absolutely love Helena and I feel so blessed to be serving here. We got transfer calls and I will be staying in Helena and my new companion will be Sister Miller! She is such a sweet heart and I actually went on exchanges with her a few weeks back, she is a new sister training leader so I'm excited and I know we are going to have so much fun together!! Sister Unutoa will also be staying in the district (which I am SO SO SO happy about) and she will be training a new missionary!! There were lots of changes this transfer, but they will be so good. 

HIGHLIGHT of the week! :) 

B AND E GOT BAPTIZED!!! Oh my, it was so special and I feel so blessed that I was able to be a part of it! There was a great turn out from the Ward and they had a lot of their non member family and friends in attendance. They were just beaming as they came out of the water. Our bishop baptized them and our bishop's son, who just recently came home from his mission, confirmed them then next day in sacrament meeting. B said she felt so clean and full of joy. She hadn't felt so much joy before and E had the biggest grin on his face and was just so happy! 

The hardest part of the week was probably saying goodbye to my 5 beautiful companions who all returned home this week. Sister Anderson, Sister E. King, Sister J. King and Sister Linney were all in Helena before they headed down to Billings on Friday morning so I got to see them all. Sister Hodgson came up from Wyoming so I didn't get to see her, but it was just the saddest thing ever. They have each played such a special role in my life and it was so much harder to say goodbye than I thought it would be. So many tears. And my tears froze to my face. That was super fun. But in all honesty I know I will see them all again and they are going to do such amazing things, so I'm happy for them :) 

After saying goodbye to Sister Linney, I was in a trio with the Helena 4th sisters (Sister Unutoa and Sister Timothy!) we have had a blast throughout the week and it has been craziness trying to work in all 3 wards, but it has been so fun and there has been SO much work to do! 

On Friday evening we had the 3rd Ward Christmas party and we had invited a couple investigator families to come, and they ALL showed up! So basically I was running around like a crazy person all evening trying to ensure that everyone had a nice time, but 3rd Ward is SO amazing and immediately welcomed the families that came, so that was awesome!! We had two church tours after the party and then on Sunday J (one of the investigators) came to church with her 5 kids! It was so awesome! And they stayed for all 3 hours! We had 10 investigators at church this week which was also a HUGE miracle because our average is 5. So basically God is good. All the time. 

Church was also hilarious because the 4th Ward sisters attend a different building at the same time as 3rd Ward, so they dropped me off in the morning and I was companions with the YW president in 1st Ward for a while and then the Relief Society president in 3rd Ward. All I can say is, it was the weirdest thing not having a full time missionary for a companion, also, I am going to be 100% awkward around people when I get home because I have no idea how to be anything but a full time missionary. Luckily I don't have to worry about that for a while :) so Sunday was so fun and crazy at the same time. 

Oh, I almost forgot! We had exchanges at the beginning of the week with the Great Falls sisters and it was so much fun! They are both so sweet and I was with Sister Christiansen, who is training! It was -2 degrees all day and we saw some sweet miracles! We got this referral from a less active and we went to contact her and she was so sweet! Not a ton of religion in her life, but super open to learning more! So we are excited to go back and teach her this coming week. Also, A (our 10 yr old investigator) is getting baptized this week, so that is a huge miracle too!! 

Today it's 10 degrees, and in honor of the warm weather, I decided to not wear tights, haha. You know you're in Montana when 10 degrees starts feeling warm... good times. Anyways, I just love my life. It is such a huge blessing to be here and there are so many amazing things going on in the work. I feel so blessed that Heavenly Father is willing to work through me, despite my many imperfections and flaws. I know He is so aware of everything going on in our lives and as we put our faith in him, He will guide us! 

I hope you have the best week ever :) I love you lots!!! 

Love, Sister Wong 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.