September 19 Sheridan Round 4

Hello Family!

We had a great week here in Sheridan, we saw lots of miracles and had
some great experiences! It is transfers week, but luckily Sister
Hodgson and I will both be staying!! We are so excited and have big
plans for this transfer😊 It will be interesting because now we are
the only sisters in our zone and all of the sisters we serve are on
the other side of the mountain, so lots of traveling again this
transfer, but it will be great.
We had exchanges in Gillette at the beginning of the week. We had a
zone preparation day and I forgot how fun it is to play podball with a
big group of missionaries! I was so sore the next day hah! We also
went and played ultimate frisbee at a park near the church building.
It was hilarious because I haven't played ultimate frisbee since 7th
grade so I had no idea what I was doing. Also, it was raining and
freezing...but so fun!

We had a great exchange with the Gillette Sisters. I spent most of the
exchange with Sister Lisberg and she is such a sweet heart! She has
been out for about 12 weeks, so she just finished up training. We had
a lot of fun together and she is just a champ. Also, I love sister
Seamons so it was fun being her companion for a little while as well😊

Highlights of the week:
1. Jo-Bawbs BBQ: while in Gillette I had the best BBQ of my life. No
joke. I don't even know what made it so yummy, but it was amazing!
They are competition barbecuers and we had the best pulled pork and
brisket sandwiches... So so yummy.
2. Head Massager: sister Seamons had this head massager and she let us
all try it. It felt so weird but also kind of relaxing, also it looked
hilarious, so there is that 😂
3. Holding a puppy! Literally it made me so so so happy. They were so
cute and I just loved them. Too bad we aren't allowed to have pets on
the mission😉
The main highlight of the week had to be stake conference. We had
Elder Bradley Foster of the 70 come and join us. In the adult session
on Saturday night in Gillette we talked a lot about family councils
and family history. I learned a lot! On Sunday they had a session in
Gillette and a session in Sheridan (because the stake is so spread out
haha) and our investigator L came and absolutely loved it! The
focus of the meeting was progressing in the gospel, different ways to
come closer to the savior. The stake theme is centered on our love for
God and our neighbors. Elder Bradley focused in things we can do to
feel prepared for tomorrow. President and Sister Wadsworth spoke and
they are just so amazing.

I've been thinking a lot about covenants lately, whether they be
baptismal covenants, temple covenants, or other covenants. I was
studying a talk by Linda K. Burton from October 2013 titled "The
Power, Joy, and Love of Covenant Keeping" and there were a few things
I really liked that I wanted to share with you!

She says, "Making and keeping covenants means choosing to bind
ourselves to our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ. It is committing
to follow the Savior. It is trusting Him and desiring to show our
gratitude for the price He paid to set us free through the infinite
gift of the Atonement. In that binding contract, the Lord sets the
terms and we agree to keep them. Making and keeping our covenants is
an expression of our commitment to become like the Savior. The ideal
is to strive for the attitude best expressed in a few phrases of a
favorite hymn: “I’ll go where you want me to go. … I’ll say what you
want me to say. … I’ll be what you want me to be.”

We taught L about covenants this past week and it gave me an
opportunity to reflect on what that means to me. I love that it is a
choice we make, however it is also a commandment to make and keep our
covenants. We are able to express gratitude, show our faith and
increase our testimonies as we live true to the covenants we've made.
I am so grateful for the promises I've made with God and the
opportunity we all have to receive those blessings, as we follow our
Savior Jesus Christ.

So all in all it was a great week. I'm excited for the start of a new
transfer, this one flew right by! It's crazy! Also, let me quickly
tell you about how amazing my companion is.  Basically, she is
the best. I'm super excited to be staying here! I love this work, I
love the gospel. It is the best! Thanks for being the best family
ever! Love you lots!

Love, Sister Wong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.