August 29 We are the Champions!

Dear Family,

It was a pretty rockin' week here in Wyoming! I am super exhausted
because Sister Hodgson and I decided it would be a good idea to wake
up at 6am to exercise haha. It was a good idea, but I am still tired.
I'm trying to remember everything that happened this week.

Highlight of the week! :)
1. WINNING THE OLYMPICS: Yes, it's true. You probably would have never
guessed, but Sister Hodgson and I won the olympics this week! Our Ward
had an activity hosted by the YM/YW and it was so so so fun. Our team
was pretty stacked and the events included water noodle javelin
throwing, marshmallow shot put, frisbee discus and so forth, we had a
blast. Our Ward mission leader was also on our team and our team name
was The Sister Missionaries.. I know, super creative hahahah

Also while we were driving home from Dayton I may or may not have hit
a raccoon which was terrible. When we got home sister Hodgson was
praying before we started daily planning and she said, "Please bless
the raccoon and his friends and family as they are missing him." Yes.
It was pretty tragic.

In Ranchester they just finished building the new elementary school
and they were having a big open house community event, so we went with
this awesome family from the branch! When we drove out earlier that
day it was a little cloudy but we decided to bike anyways because..
Why not? Haha so we are at this open house and they are doing a flag
raising ceremony outside and all if a sudden it starts pouring buckets
and buckets of water with super loud thunder and lightning, we all run
into the gym for cover and luckily we didn't get too wet, but when we
got back to our little bikes they were soaking wet and also it was
like 50 degrees and I had a only a shirt on, no jacket... Good times. 
It was pretty fun though.

We taught one of our investigators who we hadn't seen in a while
because she had been sick. It was such a special experience because we
went over to her home and she had been reading the Book of Mormon, the
lesson pamphlets we left her, and her gospel principles book! She had
favorite scriptures from the readings and questions written down. We
watched the 20 min restoration video with her and the spirit was so
strong, she shared her testimony with us after and it was so powerful.
We are super excited for her!

Sister Hodgson and I were asked to speak in the Sheridan 1st Ward this
past week about missionary work, which is one of our favorite things
to talk about! I shared a quote from Elder M. Russell Ballard that I
wanted to share with you!

He says, "Member missionary work does not require the development of
strategies or gimmicks. It does require faith--real faith and trust in
the Lord. It also requires genuine love. The first great commandment
is to “love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy
soul, and with all thy mind. … The second is like unto it, Thou shalt
love thy neighbour as thyself” (Matt. 22:37, 39).
So let the power of love guide us in sharing the gospel with family
members, friends, neighbors, business associates, and any other people
we encounter as we go through life. Most everyone wants to enjoy peace
and happiness. That is a natural human desire. People want to find
answers to the problems they face. This is increasingly true in the
world we now live in."
"The essential role of member missionary work" May 2003 Ensign

I definitely know that as we look around us and reach out in live, we
will find those who are prepared to receive the restored gospel! I
feel truly blessed to have the opportunity each day to share my
testimony with others. I love this gospel, I love my Savior. I am so
grateful for this time I have to be serving Him. Thank you for all
your love and support. You are seriously the best family ever and I'm
so grateful to have you for eternity!! I love you!

Love, Sister Wong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.