November 21 Happy (almost) Thanksgiving

Hello Family!

First off, I'M SUPER THANKFUL FOR YOU! Thanks for being the best family ever.

It has been another great week, and life is good in the hood of
Helena! We had two exchanges this week and that kept things extra busy
for us, but it is always so much fun. I started off the week in Butte
with Sister Fronk! We served together in Billings, so it was so fun to
see her again :) it was also my first time in Butte and I absolutely
loved it!! They have some great work going on and it is such a fun
town. It is an old mining town or something and they have this giant
statue of Mary on the side of the mountain (there are quite a few
Catholics there) and it was just such an interesting place. We woke up
the next morning to drive back from the exchange and our car doors
were all frozen shut, so we scraped the windshield and it started
hailing on us! So we are just standing in the hail, with a frozen car,
trying to get back to Helena. It was pretty hilarious. But it all
worked out and our car got unfrozen and we made it back safe.
Surprisingly it is still super warm in Helena and there is no snow to
be found! It feels like September... So we'll see what happens this
week!


It is always so fun coming back to my area after an exchange! We were
able to teach S, our 9 yr old investigator and he is doing so
great! He even made it to church this Sunday for the primary program!
It is neat to see how he just soaks everything in and wants to learn!

B and E are a couple we are working with and they are
doing so well! They came to regional conference a few weeks back and
they came to sacrament meeting this Sunday as well! E has a
really strong background in the bible which is awesome because he has
a firm testimony of Christ. He has a lot of questions about the Book
of Mormon, but they seem to be resolved as he is reading the Book of
Mormon and praying. B is just so sweet and is already being a
great missionary to her family! In our lesson with them last night she
shared how her mom was asking her about the church and she shared what
she had been learning and has been inviting her mom to come to church
with them!

P is another awesome lady we are working with. In our lesson
with her this week we were focusing on the Book of Mormon and how
important it is to be reading it! As we started teaching her she asked
where the gold plates came from, so we explained the Joseph Smith
story again and ended up reading the testimony of the prophet Joseph
Smith with her. We explained that he was guided to find the plates in
upstate New York and that he translated them. She paused and then told
us how she had been praying to know which bible or church was true
because there are so many out there, and she kept having the thought
"New York" but she couldn't figure out what it meant. She was
considering taking a trip there or moving there and trying to figure
things out, but when we explained the Joseph Smith story, she felt
that it was an answer to her prayers, it was such a cool experience!

Highlights of the week! :)
1. I finally got to attend my new wards!! Since we had stake
conference the past two weeks in a row, it has been quite challenging
for me to meet people, but needless to say, the members in the Helena
1st and 3rd Ward are absolutely amazing and I love serving here!!
2. Tracting into a reverend who was so sweet and welcomed us right in,
she has studied all sorts of religions and has her own congregation
but when she found out I was from Hawaii she gave me a scarf to keep
me warm😊 that is what I love about being a missionary, you meet the
most genuinely kind people, who are just trying their best to be like
Christ.

3. I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22!!! Just kidding, I'm not
feeling 22, but Sister Linney is!!! We celebrated her birthday on
Thursday and it was just so much fun!! The Millers took us out to
lunch at this place called Karmedillos and it was delicious. Also, I
sang 22 to her all day and we already designed a plan to convert
t-swift #skypelesson? :)

4. Annabelle: the Millers cute pug dog got dressed up in a little
onesie this past week and it was by far one of the cutest things I've
ever seen!!!

Later in the week I found myself back in Craig, Montana! We had
exchanges with the Great Falls Portage sisters!!! Sister Adamson came
to Helena with me and it was so fun to hear about how the area and
people are doing. I have such a special place in my heart for that
area and the wonderful people I served with while I was there. It made
me so happy to hear about how everyone was doing and it also made me
feel really old since its been a year since I was serving there! But
Sister Adamson and I had a great exchange in Helena and saw lots of
miracles from talking with everyone! We have been introducing a lot of
people to the 25 days of service calendar for the month of December
and have seen a lot of success through that!

Missionary work is the best. We had a correlation meeting this past
Sunday with the stake, and I gave the spiritual thought and I want to
share the quote I shared with them! It is from President Uchtdorf's
Oct, 2015 first Presidency message!

He said, "It’s human nature to stumble, fail, and sometimes want to
drop out of the race. But as disciples of Jesus Christ, we have
committed not only to begin the race but also to finish it--and finish
it with our torch still burning brightly. The Savior promised His
disciples, “He that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be
saved” (Matthew 24:13). Let me paraphrase what the Savior has promised
in our day: If we keep His commandments and finish with our torch
still lit, we will have eternal life, which is the greatest of all the
gifts of God."

I know that we are all disciples of Christ and as we continue to keep
our torches lit by doing the small and simple things, we will continue
to grow our testimonies of Christ! I love this gospel and I love being
a part of this great work :) thank you for your continued prayers on
my behalf. I love you guys so much and I hope you have the best
thanksgiving week EVER!! :) just remember, IM THANKFUL FOR YOU!! I
have so much to be thankful for, I can't even put it in words!! But, I
love you :)


Love, Sister Wong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.