May 2: They have Fro Yo in MT!!!

Dear Family,

I am writing this email while eating frozen yogurt, so you already
know it's been a good week. This week has been crazy.  We woke up one morning to snow on the ground, it was magical! But it all melted away by the evening. Montana definitely keeps me on my toes! We did a lot of service this week, found some new investigators, and even had a lesson in a members home, it was great!

Tuesday evening we volunteered at the Montana Women's Run to help them fold all their participant shirts, it was super fun because I was standing next to this lady who has a ton of relatives from Hawaii, we talked a lot about culture, art, beliefs, it was really cool!My back was super sore by the end of it, but I think it was one of my favorite service projects so far! The run is this coming Saturday and I think we are signed up to be course guards, so that should be fun!

 Highlights of the week:
1. Selfies with George: need I say more? I will attach pics🐱
2. Moron.org: Sister King texted someone our email address and instead of sending "
mormon.org" she sent "moron.org" and I died laughing. Good thing the member caught it and emailed the right email address😂
3. Dedication to serve: one of the Young Men in the Ward got up to bear his testimony and closed with "I will serve a mission! Even if I have to rob a bank to do it! I will serve!" Definitely points for enthusiasm.... However robbing a bank is definitely not the avenue he should take. I tried very hard to hold back my laughter. It was a struggle.
4. Hide N Seek? We showed up to a potential investigators house, while we were walking up to the door we could see her (through her huge front window) ducking down and running to her bedroom, then shutting the door behind her. Yeah, I'm pretty sure she isn't interested. It was pretty hilarious.
We had a Ward service project on Saturday which was so fun! We helped Joyce with her huge yard and Sister King and I had the job of digging up her daffodils and saving the bulbs for next year. It was really fun, however I'm not sure how much fun it would be to have to take care of those plants all the time. It seemed like everyone was working on their yard Saturday, so we did lots of unplanned service which was fun!
This past week I was studying about Patience and Humility, two Christlike attributes I am trying to work on. I read this talk that focused on how the atonement was the ultimate act of humility, how Christ was willing to fully submit His will to the Fathers. I had never really looked at the atonement that way. I am so grateful for my Savior and what He has done for me.
I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you so so so much!

Love, Sister Wong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.