October 31 Mountain Heir, Clean and Pure

Hello Family!!


WYOMING HAS A TEMPLE!!! We watched the cultural celebration on
Saturday evening and the theme was "Mountain Heir, Clean and Pure" and
I thought that was so fitting! It was seriously one of the most
amazing weeks ever, but also full of craziness. The highlight of the
week was L's BAPTISM!!! The low point was finding out I'm getting
transferred on Tuesday. Just kidding, it wasn't a low point, but.. I'm
getting transferred!! Not sure how I feel about it, a lot of mixed
emotions, but I'm going to Helena!!!

So today I'm packing, which is craziness, but we also have zone
preparation day in Gillette! It's pretty exciting stuff. Okay, I guess
I will expound more on what we did this week!

We had exchanges at the beginning of the week with the Worland sisters
which was so much fun! I was with Sister Clegg and we were able to see
some pretty cool miracles! We had L's baptismal interview on
Tuesday night and it went so so well!
The highlight of the week had to be L's baptism! We met with her
everyday leading up to the baptism and it was such a special
experience!! Her non-member family came and also had a great
experience. L bore her testimony at the end of the meeting and
she asked Sister Hodgson and I to sing I am a Child of God because
that is one of her favorite hymns! There was a great turn out from the
Ward and the spirit was so strong!
The temple dedication was Sunday and we were able to attend all 3
sessions! It was so neat to have L sitting on one side of us and
B and W (recent converts) on the other side of us, what a
special and sacred experience! All of the talks were so good, but I
loved Elder Wilford Andersons talk on trusting in the Lord's plan for
us and serving in whatever way, in any place, he asks us to. That helped
me a lot, especially during the transfers! Elder Bednar dedicated the
temple and other highlights included hearing Sister Bednar bear her
testimony and Sister Perry also bore her testimony! It was so awesome!
It's going to be a crazy week, but I'm excited for it! I love you guys
and I hope you have the best week ever and a Happy Halloween! We had
our ward trunk or treat on Friday and Sister Hodgson and I threw
together a last minute "Lamanites vs Nephites costume hah! We thought we
were pretty creative :) Sorry this is so short! I will try to write
more next week! Love you so much!

Love, Sister Wong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.