Week #10 Life is Good in the Hood

 
Life is good in the hood of Great Falls!!  Let me start off by telling you a little story. SO this week we had a first lesson with a new investigator. She was super sweet and we were teaching her the first lesson, the Restoration, it was all going great and I was talking about people who helped to pave the way to the restoration. So I was like " people such as Martin Luther and Calvin Harris helped to pave the way to the restoration." As soon as I said that I knew something was off... Then I realized I had said CALVIN HARRIS (aka Taylor Swift's boyfriend) instead of JOHN CALVIN!! I started laughing so hard!  It was so bad Sister Nez had to take over the lesson for a little while (haha). Our investigator had no idea why I was laughing, but luckily I was able to regain control of myself... Sort of (haha).

We had MLT (Missionary leadership training) this past week in Helena with President and Sister Wadsworth and it was awesome!  We stopped and got these cinnamon rolls on the way that were as big as my face, it was awesome.  AND I drove through fog for the first time in my life; it was such a beautiful drive! There was a lot of farm land with fog on the ground, it reminded me on the ending scene from Pride and Prejudice... I think that is the only moment so far on my mission where I have craved my camera. Anyways, my testimony was strengthened and I was definitely edified at MLT.

Something that really hit home was when the missionaries who are in their last transfer bore their testimony about their love for missionary work.  At times I feel like I will be on my mission forever, it is hard to imagine going home because my life as a missionary is awesome. Hearing their testimonies really made me realize that this time I have to serve is very precious. I get a total of 18 months, now I have a remainder of 16 months to be in the full time service of my Savior. One of my goals at the beginning of my mission was "to make every day count" and I was reminded of that goal at MLT.  I have found that as I take it one day at a time, I am able to focus all my efforts on what the Lord needs me to do.

This week sister Nez and I had a great week! There was definitely an adjustment period that I'm sure is very common with new missionaries and new trainers; last week I was very hard on myself because I wanted everything to be perfect and go smoothly so my new companion would have a perfect example! I wanted to be that perfect example for her, but now I realize that I will never be perfect, I will never be able to be the perfect example for her, but she needs to look to the Savior for the perfect example. 

As I have been more patient with myself, I have felt the spirit more fully in my life, I have felt the Savior's love in my life and I know He is pleased with my efforts as a missionary; I fall short every day and I have many things I need to improve on, but that is where the atonement comes in! As I get on my knees each day and plead to have the atonement work in my life, I have received the spiritual and physical strength I need. I have a testimony of being exactly obedient, I know it brings blessings! I also have a testimony of being patient with myself. I know I can be a happier and more effective missionary as I use the atonement in my life and try my best to improve through Christ.

I know this week was guided by the hand of the Lord. Many of the days we had multiple lessons fall through and things didn't end up going the way we planned, but we were ALWAYS led to people who needed to feel the Lord's love for them at that specific time. I know the Lord respects the plans that we make, but each morning we pray to be guided by the spirit in all things we do, so we can be led to the people who the Lord needs us to see that day. It is truly humbling to know how personally our Heavenly Father knows each of His children. I am grateful to be a part of this work, it is truly a marvelous work and a wonder. I love this gospel, I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to be serving in Montana at this time.

Thank you for your letters, emails and packages! It means the world to me. I love hearing about how things are going for you all. Thanks for all the prayers and love!

Love, Sister Wong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.