Hard Goodbyes & Happy Hellos



WHAT. A. WEEK. It was awesome, overwhelming and full of emotion, but good emotion! It was very bitter sweet saying goodbye to my dear friends in the Portage Ward. They have become my family over the past 6 months and I miss them already, but I know they are in good hands.  And Sister Nez and I are already making plans to go back and visit after the mission, so I know I will be back :) This week has been pretty crazy and I am definitely still adjusting, but I love the new ward in Billings that I'm serving in! They have welcomed us right in and have been so good to us! There is a lot of work to be done in this area and I am super excited!
Transfer Day!
 
Wednesday was transfer day. We left at 9am from our stake center and caravaned it to Helena, which is where the transfer van comes and picks people up. It was SO fun because I got to see so many familiar faces! There was a huge group of us that all came out together and we got to take pictures and talk while the cars were all being loaded up.  It was so fun to be reunited for a short while :) I saw Sister Fredrickson, my MTC companion who I haven't seen in 6 months!  It was pretty hard (actually really hard) saying goodbye to Sister Nez because we are really close and I don't know when I'm going to see her again, but I love her and she is going to do awesome things!! Anyways, then I found out I was the designated driver to drive one of the vehicles back to Billings. I wasn't too concerned because I thought it was a two hour drive...haha I was wrong. It was actually a 4 hour drive, but it was fun and I had two other sisters in the car with me.  When we got to Billings I met my new companion, Sister King! She is very sweet and I am excited to be companions with her. She has been on her mission for about 8 months and is actually from Miles City, Montana! Our first night there we met with our ward mission leader, Brother Eyre! So funny story, he was in Hawaii a few weeks ago and met Grandpa Jack! Apparently they talked for a while when he came to Manoa Ward! Isn't that crazy?! It really is a small world.
My new companion Sister King!
 
I really am learning to love Billings, our area now seems a lot bigger than my last. It has been pretty difficult trying to navigate our way around, especially since Sister King and I are both new to the area, so we both don't know where we are going, haha. But Sister King has been awesome at giving me directions and I am beginning to feel more comfortable and familiar with driving in the area. And we have a car so that is a huge blessing! We currently have 2 investigators and we just work at finding people to teach all day. It is exhausting but it is good. The Spirit has witnessed to me that this is where I need to be serving right now, I know I will learn and grow a lot this transfer and I am really excited.
Some highlights of the week! :)
1. Pineapple: Brother B found out I was getting transferred so we went and got me a pineapple to eat before I left GF. It was so awesome :)
2. Whitlee Painted me a picture! I went to see the Rhodehouses before I left and Whitlee (their daughter) had painted me this super cute picture of her and I, it was adorable!  I love that family so much!
3. Breakfast Pizza: it was SO delicious, it was basically biscuits and gravy in pizza form. The real highlight was eating it with the Wilsons! They were the first family I ate with when I got to Great Falls, so I guess it was only fitting that they be my last. I love that family so much!
4. Cafe Rio: Saturday we went to the Cafe Rio in Billings with some of the other sisters and it was SO fun! Turns out one of the guys working there is actually from the Great Falls Cafe Rio so I totally knew him and he knew me (because I'm sure you've gathered this by now, but I was a regular at the GF Cafe Rio, lol) and he gave me extra stamps on my card and it was awesome!

All in all it was a great week. I am excited to be here and excited to work hard. I know there is a lot of work to do in this area and we just need to find those people that Heavenly Father has prepared for us to find! I love this gospel, I have felt my Savior's love this past week, amidst the change and chaos I have felt peace. It is such a blessing to be serving Him everyday. I love being a missionary! I love you all!

Love, Sister Wong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.