Hello 2016!


 Is this real life or is it really 2016?! I seriously can't believe it!  We have had a great week here in Great Falls, I really do just love it here. There is still snow on the ground, but it has been SO warm this week! It must be the Chanukahs, but seriously it has been in the high 20's and 30's all week. I love the sunshine, it makes things seem less cold! So TRANSFER NEWS are you ready for this?! SO Sister Nez and I will both be staying in Great Falls! We are so excited, we just love the Portage Ward and each other so it is great :) it will be different this transfer since Sister Nez is done with her training! So we will be out everyday at 10am and I am pretty excited for that!

 As I reflect on this new year I have been reflecting on who I want to become and how I want to change through the atonement. Being a missionary is such a humbling experience and has changed my perspective on the gospel, my Savior, and myself. I have a burning testimony that the atonement is for all of us. He loved us enough to give his own life for us, He lives and loves us. This year I want to become a more consecrated missionary by setting small goals such as more meaningful prayer and scripture study, praying to know the will of the Lord, and acting in faith.  I hope to be able to accomplish this. I understand that consecration is a lifelong pursuit, but I know as I take steps now to become more consecrated I will be able to become a more covenant keeping missionary.

Sister Nez and I are excited to continue working here in the Portage Ward. I can feel the prayers of family members, friends, leaders and ward members as we do the Lord's work here. We have lots of goals for this coming transfer and we are excited to see the Lord's hand in our lives. I am humbled and feel truly inadequate to be laboring in the Lord's vineyard, but I know he qualifies those he calls. I know he lives and loves us, how great a blessing it is to be able to represent Him.
I love you all, I am grateful for your examples to me! The gospel is
 true, I know our Savior loves us! As Elder Jeffrey R. Holland said, "Be Strong. Live the gospel faithfully even if others around you don't live it at all." Have a great week!!
 
Love, Sister Wong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.