Week 7 Fall is a great time to be a missionary!

Montana Autumns are so Beautiful!
It has been an awesome week!  I am amazed at how much I learn every week.  We taught quite a few lessons, which was so nice! 4 of our investigators now have baptismal dates, which is also super exciting! The work is really starting to hasten here in the Portage Ward and I love it! This week I have been really trying to get ready for conference, so I have been studying conference talks! I have gained a new appreciation for the restored gospel and living prophets! It is truly a blessing to have a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson who leads and guides this church, under the direction of our Heavenly Father. I love him and sustain him!
Sister Rasmussen, Sister Hallet and I in tiny town of Craig
Well, we went on exchanges this past week so I was actually in Helena for 24 hours! It was super cool being in a different part of the mission, Helena is so different from Great Falls! The family we had dinner with there served us Chinese food, it was awesome! They even had us eat with chopsticks! They were very happy that I was Chinese, and in that moment I wished I had embraced my Chinese heritage a little more and had some awesome thing I could say in Chinese, but hey it's all good :) So all in all, transfers were very fun! Because Helena and Great Falls are about an hour away, we had to meet in the middle. SO, we met in a town called Craig, literally it was 2 stores and a river! I think it is a fishing town because there were lots of fly fishing signs everywhere. It was a cute little town, I'm not sure if there were any people, but it was great!
We LOVE General Conference!
I LOVED general conference. Today Sister Anderson and I picked a scripture to "ponderize", it is Helaman 5:47! Have you picked a scripture to ponderize? We watched 3 of the sessions in the stake center (basically by ourselves because nobody else came.. I guess everyone else likes to watch it in the comforts of their home, lol) but we did get to watch one session in a members home with one of our investigators which was so cool! I loved all the sessions, I received so much personal revelation!  I am excited to reread all of the talks and study them in depth.

Highlights of the week:
1. In between sessions on Saturday we went to Cafe Rio with another companionship of sisters from our district, Sister Siufanua and Sister Adair. It was so delicious!
2. I got a door actually slammed in my face, it was so sad but it's
all good because everyone needs the gospel!
3. We made spoon rings today for preparation day❤️❤️❤️
4. I saw a John Wayne sign this week, it said
"Courage is being scared to death- but saddling up anyway"
I would have to agree.
ALSO, IT SNOWED, yes. It snowed all weekend and it was freezing! I had to get out all my winter coats and gloves and boots. We tracted in the snow and it was great. It made me super excited and super nervous for the months to come. I am going to freeze, but I am going to love it.  If I don't love it at first, I will make myself love it!!

Being a missionary is awesome, I love it!  I am so grateful for you, I love you all so much!!  I am so grateful for your prayers, emails, letters and examples! Have a great week!!

Love, Sister Wong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.