The Farewell

The time has finally come; I finally get to be a full-time missionary! As a missionary my purpose will be to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.  As a missionary I will be finding and teaching people who want to hear about the gospel, as well as serving others. I am so excited to fully dedicate myself to the Lords work.
I don’t think it has really hit me, even though I have spend the last week trying to fit 18 months worth of clothes into 2 suitcases. There are a lot of mixed emotions, but mostly excitement (which I think is a good thing).  I will be set apart as a missionary on Monday, August 17, 2015! I am excited to be back in Provo, during my freshman year at BYU I would walk to the temple about once a week and I would always walk past the Missionary Training Center, but this time when I’m back in Provo I will be IN the MTC!
I would like to thank everyone who came to my mission farewell last Sunday as well as everyone who has supported me these past 19 years. I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful examples in my life. It is the guidance and example of so many that have helped me become the person I want to be. I have felt an overwhelming love for those who have offered kind words of encouragement and support to me. Thank you.  I am so excited to be serving in Billings Montana and I can’t wait to share my experience with y’all on this blog!
 
Love, (soon to be) Sister Wong



1 comment:

  1. you are so cute and will be such a great missionary! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.